You probably do not need anyone to tell you that you are carrying around some unwanted pounds. Each time you look in the mirror you will be reminded of this; also those nice slinky outfits you love to wear but which no longer fit! Excess weight is never a pleasant problem to deal with, so one way of getting back into shape is to join a boot camp.
Other ways where you get sticky reminders that you need to lose weight:
- You will find your energy levels dropping. Instead of being bright and active you will begin to feel tired and sluggish. If such tiredness is not due to being overweight perhaps you should then have a medical check-up.
- If the doctor does put down your lethargy to being overweight, definitely you need to approach the problem seriously. It is not healthy carrying around excess pounds as it can lead to health issues such as heart disease, diabetes, sleep apnea etc. After checking you out your doctor will probably suggest you take up serious exercising, like joining a boot camp or gym.
- Though checking on a weighing scale is not an absolute way of gauging your weight, it will give you a good idea if you have put on weight. Sometimes if you are on the borderline of adding on pounds, by stepping on the scales you will get some warning and hopefully be able to tackle the problem before it gets too out of hand.
- What you eat quantity-wise and quality-wise is important. You need to count the calories you consume, the ideal amount being around 2500 per day. If you are not keeping a check on your food front or find it difficult to do so, you should keep a diary where you note down what you eat and when. This will help you to make necessary adjustments if required – like planning daily workouts, joining a boot camp etc.
- Another sign your body throws up when it is overweight, is heart palpitations. If you are experiencing such discomfort and know you are carrying around extra pounds, you will be prone to high blood pressure and heart palpitations. Stress is another outcome of being overweight, so don’t ignore such signs. Make sure you visit your doctor and have the required tests done.
- Other health issues that crop up when you are overweight are regular cravings for food, poor sleep, getting headaches frequently, poor energy, sluggish metabolism and difficulty in getting up in the morning. If you feel you have any or all of these symptoms, do not ignore them. Make up your mind to get your body back into shape, and a good way to do this is to join a boot camp.
Remember being healthy is important. If you suffer from any of the above problems, you should immediately check your weight to see if it is the cause. You have access these days to sources such as personal trainers, boot camp, quality gyms etc. if you want to lose weight and get fit.
So before you start feeling useless and helpless on the weight front, make a strong attempt to change your habits – there will be nothing more rewarding to seeing a ‘new’ you once you take the plunge.